Friday, March 16, 2012

Cardz TV Design Team challenge #7

 

Happy Friday everybody!!  I have another challenge post for you with the Cardz TV design team.  Mary challenged the design team to make a card using a sketch that she provided.  I will show you the sketch at the end of my post so that you can use it to inspire your creativity too!  I think this may have been the first time I have ever used a sketch to design a card.  It really challenged me and I think I did okay for my first try using a sketch.  However, wait until you see the rest of the design team's projects!!  Quite honestly, after I saw a few of their cards I wanted to go back and tear mine up and try again but time did not allow my ego to get the best of me:-)  


My entire card was inspired by the sentiment "butterfly kisses" from the CardzTV stamp set "Think Spring"  which I think is still my favorite stamp set of Mary's to date:-)  I used some beautiful butterfly paper from the new DCWV Spring Fling stack.  This determined my color scheme.  The butterflies are cut from SVG Attic's Easter Elements collection.  I cut out my sentiment in a flag shape and curled it a bit using my pencil.  Added button, twine, bow and pearls and a border punch and voila!  my card is done:-)



Here is the sketch picture for you!!  Mary will be giving away a set of her stamps so you will definitely want to get your craft mojo going and link up your project at CardzTV.

4 comments:

  1. Out of all of the cards created by the design team, this card is my favorite. What is especially love about it is the colors, how well balanced the card is, and the elegance. This card could be used for several different occasions and that is another reason why it is my favorite. Great job, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card, I love butterflies, You did an amazing job on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Beautiful!! Beautiful!!! I love the butterflies, the paper and the sentiment. Everything about your card is fantastic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete