Sunday, October 13, 2013

Halloween Treat Bags - 3 Girl JAM

Happy Monday everyone!  It is my 3 Girl JAM design team day I have a couple of cotton muslin bags to share with you that I decorated for Halloween.  I used the 3.25" x 5" sized ones to create my project and they are perfect to stuff with a bit of candy treats for my niece and nephew!!


I used some Ink Jet T-Shirt Transfer paper from Avery (3275) and an image from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons for the front of my bags.  I reversed my image and then printed it out on the transfer paper,  I followed the directions for ironing it on and Voila!!  I am quite excited at the possibilities of this and since I did this I have seen another fellow blogger do the same thing with colored ink too!!  I threaded some "Harvest Orange" crinkle ribbon from the 3 Girl JAM Harvest Bundle through the drawstring opening.  I used a small safety pin on the end of my ribbon to make it easier to feed the ribbon through.  My buttons are from last year's K and Co.  Thanks for stopping by today!!

5 comments:

  1. The transfers worked great. Super job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this.. Need to try it. Thought transfer paper scares me a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FAB-U-LOUS! Love the way they turned out and I'm going to have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete