Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tuesday Tip Tutorial - Making Extras

Hello my crafty friends!  It is my turn to post over on the Craftin Desert Divas BLOG today and I have a crafty tip to share with you.  Actually, this is a very practical tip and some of you may already do this, however, as I was doing this myself recently I thought it might be helpful for someone and decided to photograph the process so that I could share it with you all.

My crafty tip involves the concept "making ahead" and "making more than just one at a time".  So, recently I was creating a tag using the cute little turtle from the "Slow" mini stamp set.  I wanted to use the coordinating SVG file to stamp him on.  I opened up my Silhouette software and laid out a bunch of SVG files, not just the turtle, to cut out.  Here is a screen shot of my virtual mat -


I then save that layout in a folder labeled Craftin Desert Divas SVG files.  After I cut out the images with my Silhouette Cameo I then went ahead and stamped all of them.  Now, the reason I make multiples is that sometimes my stamping is off or I make a mistake while coloring or I want to make more than one project using the same image (I think you get the idea, right :-)



Since I keep my stamps in the clear envelopes designed to hold stamps ( several different companies are making these now) , I just tuck my "extra" stamped SVG images on the backside of my envelope -

Now I am ready for future crafting opportunities and I don't have to go cut these images out again.  I don't always use the SVG files, sometimes I want to fussy cut but there are times that I actually like the look of the white border around my image and this is a quick way to get them done.  I hope my crafty tip will inspire you today!!  Thanks for stopping by!!




No comments:

Post a Comment