Wednesday, September 7, 2011

3d Backpack

This was my first project for DtsArts Design Team. I love this svg that Dardi created!!  I am going to use this cute little backpack to put a small gift in for my youngest daughter's teacher.  I chose the colors because they reminded me of school.  All of the paper is recollections.  I used my I rock for the bling and velcro to keep the flaps closed.

My expression died right before I got this cut and I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to make this project.  However, I learned to be creative because I really wanted to cut out this awesome svg.   I could have resized the svg to cut out on my baby bug but I wanted to cut it out at a bigger size. So, I used scal to print the template of the main part of the bag out on some 8x10 paper. I don't have a 12x12 printer so my size was limited by that factor. I flipped the svg so that I printed it on the back side of the paper. The smaller pieces I could cut with my baby bug. I used the tutorial on Splitcoastampers to help me put it together. Thanks for looking and check out DtsArt for this great file which happens to be on sale!!  Also check out Dardi's blog at dtsartblog.

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Stopping by to let you know that you have one of the coolest blogs I know and I have an award for you on my blog!!!

    http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete