Thursday, September 8, 2011

Menu Board

It's time for another challenge by Kassidy for the fall 2011 Inking It Up Crazy Design Team.  This time the challenge was a home decor project and to use vinyl if possible.  I chose to make a vinyl project for our kitchen.  My oldest daughter has been asking me daily "what's for dinner tonight mom?"   Unfortunately all summer long I have not really had a plan.  Summer usually means very little routine and often a tighter budget so the two together do not make designing a menu very easy!  However in the school year I am much better at keeping a menu plan (and a budget:-).




This menu board was made using a 11x14 wipe off board.  I used Cricut black vinyl for all of my cuts. 
I used Lyrical Letters for my font.  All of my kitchen cuts are svg's but you could also use "from my kitchen". 


***Kassidy and the design team want to invite you to join us in this week's challenge.  Make a home decor project and include vinyl if you can. Thanks for looking and if you would like to join us in the challenge then head on over to Kassidy's blog to link up!!***

4 comments:

  1. This menu board is so great! That would probably help me to keep a little more on track with our meals and grocery store planning. Thanks for the inspiration!

    www.shortycreations.com
    fellow IIUC DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice project. I love this idea, however it would not work in my house hold. I never know what I'm going to cook until I look in the fridge...lol. Smooches... Felicia[DT]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,

    I love the idea of a menu board. I've been wanting to make one, but have no children yet and we change our minds all the time about what we want to eat. I definitely will be making one in the future though.

    -Jennifer DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!!! I'm going to have to try this!!! :-)

    -Samantha :-)
    SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete