Thursday, September 20, 2018

Cany Corn Treat Bags - Carina Gardner guest post

Hi there my fellow crafters!!   Today I am posting on the Carina Gardner Blog and I am here today with a Halloween inspired project for you.


To create my Halloween treat boxes I used the following files from Carina Garnder -


I started off by opening up the Snowflake Favor Bag in my silhouette design studio.  I ungrouped everything and then resized the bag to 11.5 inches in height keeping the sizing "locked" so that the image increased proportionately in size.  I resized the layers for the sides of the bag too.  After I cut out the bag and the layers I glued those together and got to work on the candy corn swirl flourish.  I sized the flourish to fit the sides of my bag and then did an offset.  Since I used a striped paper for my bag I wanted to make sure the candy corn flourish stood out and didn't get lost in the busy background.  I used foam adhesive to pop my candy corn images up to give a bit of dimension to the bag.



I designed these to be given as a Halloween treat but they could easily be redone in fall colors to make it more of a "fall/Thanksgiving" themed treat bag.  I really like this treat bag and the versatility of it!!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  I hope I have inspired you today! 
Feel free to visit me at -
Instagram - @teachdanz
Facebook - teachdanz

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the Guest Designer Spot Nicole! That's so AWESOME! Your project is wonderful... the papers are pretty and so is that flourish... Have a great Day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete