Monday, April 11, 2011

Lego Rock Band Projects

I am part of the blog hop "A New Season A New Skill"  which starts over at craftingmisfit.  The challenge for us was to try a new skill or something we had never done before.  This is what I did -

Vinyl
 I have done a little bit of work with vinyl on the magnetic/dry erase boards I have been making but not much more than that.  Sunday was my youngest daughter's birthday party and I used vinyl to decorate some plastic water bottles I bought from Wal-Mart.   I made one of the little girl's especially happy because she has an unusual name and has never been able to buy a product with her name on it before:-)



Added the musical notes to fit the theme of the party!


Banner
I also decided to make a banner for my daughter's birthday party.  She had a "Lego Rock Band" party and this is the first time I had ever made a banner.  I used Twinkle Toes for the base of the banner and Mickey Font for the letters as well as Smiley Cards for the guitars.
 


Notice the googley (is that a word?) eyes!!

Shrinky Dinks
I also cut out shrinky dink material using my cricut.  I cut out the guitar from Smiley Cards but only used the shadow feature.  I found that setting my regular blade at 6 my pressure at high and multicut 2x worked great.
The kids colored them in with colored pencils.  

This shows how I laid the cuts out on the mat.


Baking in the oven.

The final product!!
Thanks for taking the time to look at my projects and have a wonderful week!!  You should now hop on over to Melissa.

27 comments:

  1. Great job on everything! It all looks amazing! What did you use to color on the shrinky dinks? I haven't found anything to work. :(
    -Lori Craftin' Blind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I bet the party was a blast! Just stopping by via the Blog link up party......I am a new follower too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects! I love the bottles, banner, and shrinky dinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! You are listed on teh opening page of the blog hop....and you were listed in the line up that was emailed to me....you are not left out! I posted the line up on my page so hopefully you will still have lot of nice commments to look forward to! Pleasure to be a part of this hop with you!

    Your newest follower,
    Sue-Ann

    sueannscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! Hop on over to my blog! I have something for you!

    scrap-a-tude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of the projects! You were busy! So glad I got to be part of a hop with such crafy ladies! TFS! I'm now a fan!

    Meg @ craftingwithmeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects, love your banner. The Shrinky Dinks guitars are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic ideas...Thank you so much for the ideas, this will help me out alot with my sons birthday party

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! What cure ideas. I bet the little girls loved it. Thanks for being part of our hop. I'm a follower now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun projects, nice job on all of them.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea! We can never find my daughter's name on anything either, so I'll have to keep it in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome Party Favor and I love that Shrinky dink guitar.
    http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. what great projects...love the water bottle idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful project! I love what you did with the vinyl! Such a creative idea! My daughter's name is not spelled as it is in English, so she has the problem that there is never anything for her in the personalized dept. I make so many things with vinyl so she doesn't feel left out! I am going to be picking some of these bottles up at Walmart now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your projects.... I just started playing with shrinky dinks... I ama new follower

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea they still had shrinky dink material available! Very cute use of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. great projects! I love shrinky dinks!! they are so much fun to work with

    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are some really neat ideas...and creations. Great hopping with you.
    smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a great idea. I have 4 kiddos and it would be great to do this on their cups/water bottles. Awesome! :) Thanks for sharing.

    Krystal
    http://www.krystalskreativity.blogspot.com
    kreative.krystal at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are awesome.....and what a clever idea....thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so clever ~ thanks for sharing how you did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of great projects, thanks for explaining how you did them. Might try the named water bottles myself.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are awsome projects. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, these projects/creations are soooo different and fantastic! Love each and every one of them, you are so clever
    love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete